Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sun May 15, 2005 7:45 pm

We received our copy of the binder which has everything in it that you everwanted to know about adopting from Russia.

We also received copies of your marriage license. (Mind you this was the first time we had ever requested copies of them.) Turns out after almost 11 years my name has been spelled wrong (what a shock!) and the minister's name is spelled wrong. It took several phone calls to the court house to finally get this straightened out. Now I have to drive to Denton to complete an addendum which will be added to the original marriage license. They will reprint copies of the license free of charge.

Today makes 3 weeks since our home study - SW should have it completed in the next 2 weeks. Then we can proceed with the dossier preparations and immigration. Russians are concerned about parents who take anti-depressants because they see it as a mental problem. I asked my OB/GYN in Nacogdoches to write a letter stating the purpose of my medication. I received the most wonderful letter from my doctor this week. I wanted to laminate it and hang it on my wall. One of the things that happens through this process is you get to hear some wonderful things that the people around you think. The letter literally brought me to tears.

Take care this week. Please let us know if you have any questions about thislong drawn out process.

Kirsten

No comments: