Friday, June 02, 2006

Day 15 - 6/2/06

We have had a wonderful day! The Semey staff planned a picnic for all the families. We went to the river and played games. Larissa had some games for us to play like carrying the egg on a spoon, carrying the soccer ball between your legs. Michael was chosen as the 'mummy' for our team and had to be wrapped up in TP. He was a good sport about it. The staff made lamb shish ke bobs and they were wonderful!
By the time we got back it was time for our afternoon visit with Bobby. He just gets more and more precious everyday!
We found out that our court date will be Friday, June 9th. Larissa and Olga will be helping us prepare for the court appearance. Michael will have to make a speech about our lives and why we want to adopt Bobby.
I have posted a picture of what appears to be snow, but it isn't! It is the pollen from the trees. It looks like cottonwoods to us. I don't recommend coming to Semey during the spring if you have any allergies. When the wind blows it looks like it is snowing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kirsten,
I am so excited for you. I finally have internet DSL at home. The pictures are adorable. I know that you are having a great experience outside the US. We are very fortunate in the US and many of us do not know how fortunate we are. I pray all goes well and you will be home soon. I still miss you very much! All my 6 dogs & 2 cats are okay. This year at Raguet has been great! I will try to keep in touch from time to time, now that I have internet at home. Before, I couldn't access your blog from school. Love to all.
Betty Stansberry

Anonymous said...

Hey Kirsten,
He is so cute. I know you can't wait to get him home. Keep the picutes coming. I will be up several times this summer to visit my parents, amybe we'll get a chance to visit. I don't think you are too far from Paradise.
All the best, Christy Adams